Feeling crunched for time to cook in the morning? Kill 2 birds with one stone! Make a Bulletproof collagen coffee to go. You will get adequate fat and protein along with all of the benefits of coffee in one delicious breakfast drink. This cinnamon coconut collagen protein coffee is the tastiest way to get what you need in the morning!
If you are unsure what Bulletproof coffee is, please visit this link for a quick video tutorial from Dave Asprey, the inventor of bulletproof coffee, on how to make it properly. This recipe uses his products, which you can purchase at http://www.bulletproof.com/ combined with my own tasty spin on it!
Cinnamon Coconut Collagen Protein Coffee
- 8-12 Oz Freshly brewed coffee I use freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans brewed in a stainless steel French press
- .5-1 Tbsp Grass fed butter or Ghee I use Ghee
- .5-1 Tbsp MCT Oil I use Bulletproof Brain Octane
- 2 Tbsp Grass fed collagen protein Upgraded Bulletproof Collagen Protein
- 5 Drops Coconut flavored stevia I use SweetDrops
- 1/8 Tsp Organic cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour into your favorite coffee cup and enjoy!
Can I also add some whey protein powder in it?
I would caution with adding whey, as if the coffee temperature is too hot it can de-nature the proteins in whey. Plus if you use 2 tablespoons of collagen protein, that will already give you about 16g of protein.