I love my original morning turkey hash recipe, however this week I found myself looking for a change! So here is another great quick and easy morning sausage hash that I experimented with earlier in the week. You can use chicken, or turkey or pork, and you can also chop up the spinach and form into breakfast sausage patties too. Of course, this dish is free of gluten and dairy.
Chicken Apple Spinach Hash
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Lb Organic ground chicken Or turkey, or pork
- 1 Organic small apple I like Fuji
- 1 Tbsp Organic maple syrup
- 2 Tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 Tsp Sea salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground sage
- 1/4 Tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Tsp Black pepper
- 2 Cups Organic baby spinach
- Peel and dice up your apple, cook over medium heat with coconut oil for 2 minutes or until gets soft.
- Add ground chicken, spices, and maple syrup, mix well.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-15 min or until chicken is fully cooked, stirring and breaking up large chicken chunks.
- Add the 2 cups of spinach to the top and cover to allow spinach to wilt. Then mix into the hash, serve and enjoy!!!