This weekend I had craving for some chili! So, I asked my mother in law if she had an easy chili recipe to share, which of course she did! The next thing you know I am adding and modifying the recipe she sent over, until I had the final product, which I now call Saturday Afternoon Chili!
Note, if you want to make this recipe totally paleo, just omit the beans and add 1 chopped red or green pepper…which, by the way, you can add anyhow if you like! I follow a paleo food plan 80-90% of the time, leaving room for a meal or two per week for some non-paleo ingredients, such as properly prepared legumes in this case! Although I have made non-bean paleo chili many times, as I am generally not a huge fan of beans, this weekend I felt the need for some☺
Saturday Afternoon Chili
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Lb Grass fed ground beef
- 1 Yellow onion Chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic Minced
- 1.5 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1.5 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 Tsp Cayenne pepper Depending on how spicy you like it
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 15 oz can Diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can Tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can Kidney beans
- 8 Oz Beef broth Chicken broth works too
- Chop the onion and garlic and cook in coconut oil over medium heat until the onions are clear, then add the ground beef.
- Cook the beef until slightly browned. Next, add the seasonings, sauce, tomatoes, and beans. Be sure to buy beans in a BPA free can, and be sure to rinse them well before adding them. Adjust spiciness and salt to taste.
- Cook everything on medium heat for 30 minutes, or until desired consistency. Turn up heat to medium-high or high to boil off some liquid for a thicker consistency.